New doors and windows are a long-term investment for a home, so the price and quality have to be just perfect. Factors like strength, durability, ease of maintenance, and comfort all impact the decision. uPVC (unplasticized polyvinyl chloride) doors and windows have surpassed traditional materials such as wood and aluminum as the preferred choice among urban Indian homes and builder complexes. But, with so many uPVC product manufacturers on the market and most uPVC goods looking alike, how can you choose the best brand or manufacturer? Don't worry; we've Promiplast as your uPVC window supplier in Kolkata to suit your needs. Besides, we have laid out the checkpoints for each component of uPVC doors and windows to help you make the right choice.
WHY CHOOSE Promiplast AS YOUR UPVC WINDOW SUPPLIER IN KOLKATA
Let us read about why you should choose Promiplast as your uPVC window supplier in Kolkata:
- uPVC profiles
Steel is used to reinforce multi-chambered uPVC profiles for increased strength. These components make up the frame in which the glass panes are mounted. Here's how you can tell if a uPVC profile is good:
- Make sure the uPVC profiles you select are free of lead.
- For the door and window to be stable, the width of each segment of the uPVC profile should be between 2.2 and 3 mm.
- The uPVC profiles are unaffected by cracking and flaking.
- Also, be sure the material is flame-retardant and can endure prolonged exposure to a fire.
- Make sure the profile has a rain track that allows rainwater to flow outside.
- Steel rebar reinforcement
- Steel reinforcements within the multi-chambers of uPVC profiles should be made of corrosion-resistant galvanized steel. The thickness of the reinforcements should be between 1 and 3 mm.
- UV protection is provided.
- UV resistance
To minimize deterioration and a yellowish tint caused by prolonged exposure to sunlight, uPVC doors and windows must be UV (ultraviolet) resistant.
What's the greatest way to find out?
Titanium dioxide is the most important component in white uPVC profiles because it promotes color stability. It should make up 2.5 percent of the uPVC profile's overall weight. It's important to note that titanium dioxide isn't inexpensive.
- Specifications for glass
Glass thicknesses of 4-6 mm are available for doors and windows. Choose the glass that best fits your functional, financial, and safety requirements. The many varieties of glass used in uPVC doors and windows are as follows:
- Float glass is translucent glass that is often used to provide uninterrupted views of the outdoors.
- Toughened glass is more durable than float glass, and it shatters into little parts rather than sharp shards when broken.
- Laminated glass is used as a safety glass. It's made up of two glass layers with a resin sandwiched in between. In the event of a break, the glass pieces are linked to the resin and do not fall off.
- For best efficiency, go for a thermal glass coating. It is a liquid chemical that is applied to existing glass and functions as a poor conductor of heat, inhibiting both heat gain and heat escape into the building's interiors.
- Double-glazed windows are available.
These windows are made up of two sheets of glass sandwiched between by an inert gas such as argon, krypton, or neon. The edges are sealed to form a single unit.
The thickness of the complete double-glazed unit should be at least 28 millimeters.
- Soundproofing and Warranty
Consider installing double- or triple-glazed windows to improve the acoustics of your house by significantly lowering outside noise. The maker should use silicone sealants and rubber gaskets to make the windows airtight and watertight. A good manufacturer would provide a warranty of at least 10 years on uPVC profiles. They'll also give you a one-year guarantee on the hardware.
Another reason behind choosing Promiplast as your uPVC window supplier in Kolkata is for the way they provide great products with security. The points are mentioned below:
- For optimal security, choose double-glazed laminated doors and windows, as the glass is incredibly difficult to shatter.
- Handles, hinges, friction stays, and screws should all be constructed of rust- and corrosion-resistant steel.
- On good uPVC products, an espagnolette locking system, which consists of a flat metal strip that runs up the locking side of a window, is standard. It locks and unlocks with the turn of a handle.
- For increased security, have the maker attach shoot bolt locks. With the turn of a key, a multi-point locking system locks at multiple spots. You should be aware that such a complicated locking mechanism will incur additional costs.
Because windows are the primary means of access into any building, it goes without saying that they should be well-made and secure. Windows provide structural stability and safety while also adding to the aesthetic appeal of a property. Isn't it impossible to envision a home without well-designed Upvc windows? The Window, which lets in a lot of natural light, is the home's major entry point. When it comes to security, the construction, and type of material utilized to make these windows are important.
Last but not least, compare the prices and services provided by different uPVC door and window manufacturers. Choose promiplast as your uPVC window supplier in Kolkata and get everything you want. Your needs will be our needs, and we will help you choose the best ones.